Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gåte til norsk folk-rock

I'm so ashamed because I wrote it would be a daily blog and the last post was written three days ago. But anyway, I'm here now and the new post about Norway, too. Hurraaaa!!

If you are curious about why my name is Bendik, you can get your answer. I didn't randomly choose this nick name, no I didn't. I heard the song, called Bendik and Arolilja, so it comes from here. I don't want to talk about the story of this song because you can find a wonderful essay about Bendik's and Arolilja on this blog:






I'd rather write about the band which made this track.It 's called Gåte and it is a Norwegian folk-rock band from Trøndelag. Some of their songs are original, but lots of them come from traditional Norwegian folk songs and others are based on the poems of Astrid Krogh Halse. The music consists of guitars, violins, synthesizers / keyboards, drums, and the distinctive voice of Gunnhild Sundli who was the leadvocalist of the band. Gunnhild joined Gåte in 1999 and it became very popular not only in Norway, but in other Nordic countries and even in Germany, too. That's why everybody was extremely surprised when they announced in September 2005 that they would take a break to make other projects. Gunnhild Sundli works as an actress now, she debuted in the cabaret Cafe Isogaisa. They released three albums (Jygri, Iselilja, Liva), three EPS (Gåte EP, Gåte EP (2002), Statt up) and one single (See eighteenth).

No comments:

Post a Comment